You may have Sculpting Steel enter the battlefield as a copy of any artifact on the battlefield.
An artificer once dropped one in a vault full of coins. She has yet to find it.
Illus. Heather Hudson
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 12/1/2004: Any enters-the-battlefield abilities of the copied artifact will trigger when Sculpting Steel enters the battlefield. Any “as enters the battlefield” or “enters the battlefield with” abilities of the chosen artifact will also work. For example, if Sculpting Steel copies an artifact creature with sunburst, the copy will get +1/+1 counters based on the number of different colors of mana used to pay Sculpting Steel’s total cost. If Sculpting Steel copies a noncreature artifact with sunburst, the copy will get charge counters based on the number of different colors of mana used to pay Sculpting Steel’s total cost.
- 7/15/2007: Sculpting Steel doesn’t copy whether the original artifact is tapped or untapped. It also doesn’t copy any counters on that artifact, any Auras or Equipment attached to that artifact, or any effects that are currently affecting that artifact -- you get exactly what’s printed on the chosen card and nothing more. So if you copy an animated Chimeric Staff, for example, you get a normal, nonanimated Chimeric Staff.
- 7/15/2007: If the chosen artifact is copying something else (for example, if the chosen artifact is another Sculpting Steel), then your Sculpting Steel enters the battlefield as whatever the chosen artifact copied.
- 7/15/2007: If the chosen artifact is a token, your Sculpting Steel copies the original characteristics of that token as stated by the effect that put it onto the battlefield. Your Sculpting Steel is not considered to be a token.
- 7/15/2007: You can choose not to copy anything. In that case, Sculpting Steel stays on the battlefield as an artifact that doesn’t do much of anything.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
#342 (Heather Hudson)
Kaladesh Inventions (Special)
Tenth Edition (Rare)
Acciaio da Scolpire
all prints in all languages