Creature — Spider 1/4,
Whenever Obelisk Spider deals combat damage to a creature, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.
Whenever you put one or more -1/-1 counters on a creature, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Illus. YW Tang
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 4/18/2017: If a creature with wither or infect deals damage to a creature, the controller of the creature with wither or infect puts that many -1/-1 counters on the second creature.
- 6/27/2017: Obelisk Spider’s first triggered ability puts only one -1/-1 counter on the creature, no matter how much combat damage it dealt.
- 6/27/2017: If Obelisk Spider deals combat damage to a creature but that creature isn’t on the battlefield as Obelisk Spider’s first triggered ability resolves, most likely because Obelisk Spider killed that creature already, that ability won’t put a -1/-1 counter on it.
- 6/27/2017: Because damage remains marked on a creature until it’s removed as the turn ends, the counter Obelisk Spider’s first triggered ability puts on a creature may cause previously marked damage to become lethal.
- 6/27/2017: If Obelisk Spider deals combat damage to a creature at the same time Obelisk Spider is dealt lethal damage, its first triggered ability will put a -1/-1 counter on the other creature. However, because Obelisk Spider has left the battlefield before that ability resolves, its last ability won’t trigger.
- 6/27/2017: If you put one or more -1/-1 counter on each of multiple creatures at the same time, Obelisk Spider’s last ability triggers once for each of those creatures.
- 6/27/2017: In a Two-Headed Giant game, Obelisk Spider’s last ability causes the opposing team to lose 2 life and you gain 1 life.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Standard (Type 2)
#141 (YW Tang)
Hour of Devastation (Uncommon)
Araignée des obélisques
Ragno degli Obelischi
Araña del obelisco
Aranha do Obelisco
all prints in all languages