Planeswalker — Gideon (Loyalty: 3)
+2: Up to one target creature an opponent controls attacks Gideon, Battle-Forged during its controller's next turn if able.+1: Until your next turn, target creature gains indestructible. Untap that creature.0: Until end of turn, Gideon, Battle-Forged becomes a 4/4 Human Soldier creature with indestructible that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
Illus. Willian Murai
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 6/22/2015: Kytheon’s first ability will count creatures that attacked but are no longer on the battlefield (perhaps because they didn’t survive combat damage being dealt). It will not count any creatures that were put onto the battlefield attacking, as those creatures were never declared as attackers.
- 6/22/2015: Each face of a double-faced card has its own set of characteristics: name, types, subtypes, power and toughness, loyalty, abilities, and so on. While a double-faced card is on the battlefield, consider only the characteristics of the face that’s currently up. The other set of characteristics is ignored. While a double-faced card isn’t on the battlefield, consider only the characteristics of its front face.
- 6/22/2015: The converted mana cost of a double-faced card not on the battlefield is the converted mana cost of its front face.
- 6/22/2015: The back face of a double-faced card doesn’t have a mana cost. A double-faced permanent with its back face up has a converted mana cost of 0. Each back face has a color indicator that defines its color.
- 6/22/2015: The back face of a double-faced card (in the case of Magic Origins, the planeswalker face) can’t be cast.
- 6/22/2015: Although the two rules are similar, the “legend rule” and the “planeswalker uniqueness rule” affect different kinds of permanents. You can control two of this permanent, one front face-up and the other back-face up at the same time. However, if the former is exiled and enters the battlefield transformed, you’ll then control two planeswalkers with the same subtype. You’ll choose one to remain on the battlefield, and the other will be put into its owner’s graveyard.
- 6/22/2015: A double-faced card enters the battlefield with its front face up by default, unless a spell or ability instructs you to put it onto the battlefield transformed, in which case it enters with its back face up.
- 6/22/2015: A Magic Origins planeswalker that enters the battlefield because of the ability of its front face will enter with loyalty counters as normal.
- 6/22/2015: In some rare cases, a spell or ability may cause one of these five cards to transform while it’s a creature (front face up) on the battlefield. If this happens, the resulting planeswalker won’t have any loyalty counters on it and will subsequently be put into its owner’s graveyard.
- 6/22/2015: You can activate one of the planeswalker’s loyalty abilities the turn it enters the battlefield. However, you may do so only during one of your main phases when the stack is empty. For example, if the planeswalker enters the battlefield during combat, there will be an opportunity for your opponent to remove it before you can activate one of its abilities.
- 6/22/2015: If a double-faced card is manifested, it will be put onto the battlefield face down (this is also true if it’s put onto the battlefield face down some other way). Note that “face down” is not synonymous with “with its back face up.” A manifested double-faced card is a 2/2 creature with no name, mana cost, creature types, or abilities. While face down, it can’t transform. If the front face of a manifested double-faced card is a creature card, you can turn it face up by paying its mana cost. If you do, its front face will be up. A double-faced card on the battlefield can’t be turned face down.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Standard (Type 2)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
The other part is:
Kytheon, Hero of Akros
#23b (Willian Murai)
Magic Origins (Mythic Rare)
Gideon der Kampfgestählte
Gideon, forgé dans la bataille
Gideon, Forgiato dalla Battaglia
Gideon, forjado en la batalla
Gideon, Forjado em Batalha
Гидеон, Закаленный в Битвах
전투로 단련된 기디온
all prints in all languages