Jace, Telepath Unbound
Planeswalker — Jace (Loyalty: 5)
+1: Up to one target creature gets -2/-0 until your next turn.
−3: You may cast target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard this turn. If that card would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
−9: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, target opponent puts the top five cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Illus. Jaime Jones
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 6/22/2015: The activated ability of Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy checks to see if there are five or more cards in your graveyard after you discard a card. Putting a fifth card into your graveyard at other times won’t cause Jace to be exiled, nor will Jace entering the battlefield while there are five or more cards in your graveyard.
- 6/22/2015: Each face of a double-faced card has its own set of characteristics: name, types, subtypes, power and toughness, loyalty, abilities, and so on. While a double-faced card is on the battlefield, consider only the characteristics of the face that’s currently up. The other set of characteristics is ignored. While a double-faced card isn’t on the battlefield, consider only the characteristics of its front face.
- 6/22/2015: The converted mana cost of a double-faced card not on the battlefield is the converted mana cost of its front face.
- 6/22/2015: The back face of a double-faced card doesn’t have a mana cost. A double-faced permanent with its back face up has a converted mana cost of 0. Each back face has a color indicator that defines its color.
- 6/22/2015: The back face of a double-faced card (in the case of Magic Origins, the planeswalker face) can’t be cast.
- 6/22/2015: Although the two rules are similar, the “legend rule” and the “planeswalker uniqueness rule” affect different kinds of permanents. You can control two of this permanent, one front face-up and the other back-face up at the same time. However, if the former is exiled and enters the battlefield transformed, you’ll then control two planeswalkers with the same subtype. You’ll choose one to remain on the battlefield, and the other will be put into its owner’s graveyard.
- 6/22/2015: A double-faced card enters the battlefield with its front face up by default, unless a spell or ability instructs you to put it onto the battlefield transformed, in which case it enters with its back face up.
- 6/22/2015: A Magic Origins planeswalker that enters the battlefield because of the ability of its front face will enter with loyalty counters as normal.
- 6/22/2015: In some rare cases, a spell or ability may cause one of these five cards to transform while it’s a creature (front face up) on the battlefield. If this happens, the resulting planeswalker won’t have any loyalty counters on it and will subsequently be put into its owner’s graveyard.
- 6/22/2015: You can activate one of the planeswalker’s loyalty abilities the turn it enters the battlefield. However, you may do so only during one of your main phases when the stack is empty. For example, if the planeswalker enters the battlefield during combat, there will be an opportunity for your opponent to remove it before you can activate one of its abilities.
- 6/22/2015: If a double-faced card is manifested, it will be put onto the battlefield face down (this is also true if it’s put onto the battlefield face down some other way). Note that “face down” is not synonymous with “with its back face up.” A manifested double-faced card is a 2/2 creature with no name, mana cost, creature types, or abilities. While face down, it can’t transform. If the front face of a manifested double-faced card is a creature card, you can turn it face up by paying its mana cost. If you do, its front face will be up. A double-faced card on the battlefield can’t be turned face down.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Standard (Type 2)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
The other part is:
Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
#60b (Jaime Jones)
Magic Origins (Mythic Rare)
Jace, der entfesselte Telepath
Jace, télépathe libéré
Jace, Telepate Libero da Vincoli
Jace, telépata desenfrenado
Jace, Telepata Ilimitado
Джейс, Вольный Телепат
해방된 정신술사 제이스
all prints in all languages