Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Illus. Christopher Rush
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 10/4/2004: If the land produces more than one color of mana at a single time, its controller chooses which of those types is produced by Mana Flare's ability.
- 10/4/2004: The types of mana are white, blue, black, red, green, and colorless.
- 10/4/2004: When used with lands that can produce multiple colors, Mana Flare produces one additional mana of the same color that was produced. It can't give a mana of a color that wasn't produced.
- 10/4/2004: Only produces extra mana when land is tapped for mana, not when tapped by some other effect.
- 10/4/2004: Mana Flare adds one of whatever color the land produces after applying any land type or color changing effects.
- 10/4/2004: This is a triggered mana ability.
- 9/16/2007: Does not copy any restrictions on the mana, such as with Mishra's Workshop or Pillar of the Paruns.
- 9/16/2007: Produces only one additional mana, regardless of how much was produced by tapping the land.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
SQUARE EDGES AND GOLD-BORDERED BACKSIDE, NOT TOURNAMENT LEGAL
#164 (Christopher Rush)
Fifth Edition (Rare)
Fourth Edition (Rare)
Revised Edition (Summer Magic "Edgar") (Rare)
Revised Edition (Rare)
International Collectors' Edition (Rare)
Collector's Edition (Rare)
Unlimited Edition (Rare)
Limited Edition Beta (Rare)
Limited Edition Alpha (Rare)
MTGO Masters Edition (Rare)
Flamboiement de mana
Eruzione di Mana
Fulgor de maná
Fulgor de Mana
all prints in all languages