Enchantment — Aura,
Enchanted creature is an Insect artifact creature with base power and toughness 0/1 and has indestructible, and it loses all other abilities, card types, and creature types.
Illus. Daniel Ljunggren
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 10/17/2013: Darksteel Mutation overwrites the printed power and toughness of the enchanted creature, as well as any characteristic-defining abilities that define power and/or toughness.
- 10/17/2013: Darksteel Mutation overwrites any previous effects that set the enchanted creature's power or toughness to a specific value. Any such effects that start to apply after Darksteel Mutation entered the battlefield will work normally.
- 10/17/2013: However, Darksteel Mutation does not overwrite effects that change the enchanted creature's power or toughness without setting it to a specific value (such as the ones created by Giant Growth or Glorious Anthem). It also won't overwrite the effect of counters.
- 10/17/2013: The enchanted creature will be only an artifact and a creature, not any other card types. It will be only an Insect, not any other creature types.
- 10/17/2013: In some rare cases, the creature may have subtypes other than creature types before becoming enchanted with Darksteel Mutation. If it had any other artifact subtypes (such as Equipment), it will retain those. If it had any subtypes other than artifact types and creature types (such as Shrine), it won't retain those.
- 10/17/2013: The creature will keep any supertypes it previously had. Notably, if Darksteel Mutation is enchanting a legendary creature, that creature will continue to be legendary. Also, if it's enchanting a commander, that creature will continue to be a commander.
- 10/17/2013: Darksteel Mutation doesn't affect the enchanted creature's colors, if any. It will continue to be whatever color or colors it was before Darksteel Mutation entered the battlefield.
- 10/17/2013: Darksteel Mutation causes the enchanted creature to lose all abilities except indestructible at the time it becomes enchanted. Any abilities the creature gains after that point will work normally.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
#9 (Daniel Ljunggren)
Commander Anthology (Uncommon)
Commander 2013 Edition (Uncommon)
Mutation de sombracier
Mutazione di Darksteel
Mutación de acero oscuro
all prints in all languages