Herald of Leshrac
Creature — Avatar 2/4,
Cumulative upkeep—Gain control of a land you don't control. (At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
Herald of Leshrac gets +1/+1 for each land you control but don't own.
When Herald of Leshrac leaves the battlefield, each player gains control of each land he or she owns that you control.
Illus. Alex Horley-Orlandelli
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 7/15/2006: When Herald of Leshrac's cumulative upkeep ability resolves, if its age counters outnumber the number of lands on the battlefield that you don't control, you can't pay its cumulative upkeep cost and must sacrifice it.
- 7/15/2006: You must choose a different land you don't control for each age counter on Herald of Leshrac. Otherwise, you'd try to gain control of a land you *do* control midway through paying the cost and need to back up.
- 7/15/2006: Herald of Leshrac's leaves-the-battlefield ability affects all lands you control but don't own, not just the ones you gained control of with Herald of Leshrac. For example, if you had gained control of an opponent's land with Annex, its owner will regain control of that land. Annex will remain attached to it, but its effect will be overridden.
- 4/15/2013: The cumulative upkeep trigger doesn't target what you gain control of, and you don't choose lands until the ability resolves. Your opponents can not tap lands in response to the choice, but they could respond to the ability by tapping any number of lands before you've made any choices.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
#62 (Alex Horley-Orlandelli)
Héraut de Leshrac
Araldo di Leshrac
Heraldo de Leshrac
Arauto de Leshrac
all prints in all languages