Creature — Basilisk 2/1,
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target creature block Turntimber Basilisk this turn if able.
Illus. Goran Josic
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 10/1/2009: The landfall ability triggers whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control for any reason. It triggers whenever you play a land, as well as whenever a spell or ability (such as Rampant Growth) causes you to put a land onto the battlefield under your control. It will even trigger when a spell or ability causes another player to put a land onto the battlefield under your control (as can happen with Yavimaya Dryad's ability, for example).
- 10/1/2009: When a land enters the battlefield under your control, each landfall ability of the permanents you control will trigger. You can put them on the stack in any order. The last ability you put on the stack will be the first one that resolves.
- 10/1/2009: You decide whether to have the targeted creature block Turntimber Basilisk this turn if able at the time the landfall ability resolves, not at the time Turntimber Basilisk attacks.
- 10/1/2009: Deciding to have the targeted creature block doesn't force you to attack with Turntimber Basilisk that turn. If Turntimber Basilisk doesn't attack, the targeted creature is free to block whichever creature its controller chooses, or block no creatures at all.
- 10/1/2009: If you choose to have the targeted creature block but that creature isn't able to block Turntimber Basilisk (for example, because the targeted creature can block only creatures with flying), the requirement to block does nothing. The targeted creature is free to block whichever creature its controller chooses, or block no creatures at all.
- 10/1/2009: Tapped creatures, creatures that can't block as the result of an effect, creatures with unpaid costs to block (such as those from War Cadence), and creatures that aren't controlled by the defending player are exempt from effects that would require them to block. Such creatures can be targeted by Turntimber Basilisk's landfall ability, but the requirement to block does nothing.
- 10/1/2009: If Turntimber Basilisk's landfall ability triggers multiple times during the same turn, you can have multiple creatures block it that turn if able.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
#76 (Goran Josic)
Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (Uncommon)
Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (Uncommon)
Basilic de Tournebois
Basilisco di Legnotorto
Basilisco de Madera Torcida
Basilisco de Virapau
all prints in all languages