Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
Planeswalker — Sarkhan (Loyalty: 4),
+1: Until end of turn, Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker becomes a legendary 4/4 red Dragon creature with flying, indestructible, and haste. (He doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.)
−3: Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker deals 4 damage to target creature.
−6: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your draw step, draw two additional cards" and "At the beginning of your end step, discard your hand."
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 9/20/2014: If Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker becomes a creature due to his first ability, that doesn’t count as having a creature enter the battlefield. Sarkhan was already on the battlefield; he only changed his types. Abilities that trigger whenever a creature enters the battlefield won’t trigger.
- 9/20/2014: Any loyalty counters on Sarkhan when his first ability resolves will remain on him while he’s a creature. Because he’s not a planeswalker at this time, damage dealt to him won’t cause those counters to be removed.
- 9/20/2014: After the first ability resolves, Sarkhan won’t be a planeswalker until the end of the turn. Later that turn, if you cast another Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker, neither permanent will be put into its owner’s graveyard. The “legend rule” sees only the original Sarkhan and the “planeswalker uniqueness rule” sees only the new Sarkhan. However, if you activate the first ability of the new Sarkhan, you would then control two legendary permanents with the same name. You’d choose one to remain on the battlefield and the other would be put into its owner’s graveyard. If you don’t activate the first ability of the new Sarkhan, the original Sarkhan will return to being a planeswalker during the cleanup step. You would then control two planeswalkers with the same planeswalker type. You’d choose one to remain on the battlefield and the other would be put into its owner’s graveyard. There would then be another cleanup step before the turn ended.
- 9/20/2014: If a permanent enters the battlefield as a copy of Sarkhan after his first ability has resolved, the copy will be a Sarkhan planeswalker. It will enter the battlefield with four loyalty counters, no matter how many loyalty counters are on the original Sarkhan. You’ll then find yourself in the same situation described above.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Extended (Type 1.X)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
Khans of Tarkir (Mythic Rare)
Sarkhan, le languedragon
Sarkhan, il Dracofono
Sarkhan, el dragonhablante
Sarkhan, Porta-voz dos Dragões
Сархан, Говорящий с Драконами
all prints in all languages