Alhammarret, High Arbiter
Legendary Creature — Sphinx 5/5,
As Alhammarret, High Arbiter enters the battlefield, each opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose the name of a nonland card revealed this way.
Your opponents can't cast spells with the chosen name (as long as this creature is on the battlefield).
Illus. Richard Wright
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 6/22/2015: Alhammarret's second ability happens as Alhammarret enters the battlefield. No one can cast spells or activate abilities between the time a card is named and the time that Alhammarret's last ability starts to work.
- 6/22/2015: You choose one card name, not one name per opponent.
- 6/22/2015: Although spells with the chosen name can't be cast, permanent cards with that name can still be put onto the battlefield by a spell or ability.
- 6/22/2015: If your opponents have no nonland cards in their hands, you can't choose a card name. Alhammarret's last ability won't stop any spells from being cast in that case.
- 6/22/2015: Your opponents can still cast a card with the chosen name face down if it has a morph ability. A card with the chosen name can also be manifested.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
#199 (Richard Wright)
Magic Origins (Rare)
Prerelease Events (Special)
Media Inserts (Special)
Alhammarret, Hoher Schlichter
Alhammarret, grand arbitre
Alhammarret, Sommo Giudice
Alhammarret, árbitro supremo
Alhammarret, Juiz Supremo
Альхаммарет, Верховный Судья
all prints in all languages