Creature — Eldrazi 4/3,
Devoid (This card has no color.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature.
Whenever you sacrifice a creature, draw a card.
Illus. Aleksi Briclot
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 8/25/2015: You choose which creature you control to sacrifice as the first triggered ability resolves. Players can respond to this ability triggering, but once you choose a creature to sacrifice, it's too late for anyone to respond.
- 8/25/2015: If Smothering Abomination is the only creature you control as its first triggered ability resolves, you must sacrifice it.
- 8/25/2015: Sacrificing Smothering Abomination will cause its last ability to trigger.
- 8/25/2015: Cards with devoid use frames that are variations of the transparent frame traditionally used for Eldrazi. The top part of the card features some color over a background based on the texture of the hedrons that once imprisoned the Eldrazi. This coloration is intended to aid deckbuilding and game play.
- 8/25/2015: A card with devoid is just colorless. It's not colorless and the colors of mana in its mana cost.
- 8/25/2015: Other cards and abilities can give a card with devoid color. If that happens, it's just the new color, not that color and colorless.
- 8/25/2015: Devoid works in all zones, not just on the battlefield.
- 8/25/2015: If a card loses devoid, it will still be colorless. This is because effects that change an object's color (like the one created by devoid) are considered before the object loses devoid.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
Battle for Zendikar
#296 (Aleksi Briclot)
Battle for Zendikar (Rare)
Prerelease Events (Special)
all prints in all languages