Creature — Elemental 2/2,
If damage would be dealt to Undergrowth Champion while it has a +1/+1 counter on it, prevent that damage and remove a +1/+1 counter from Undergrowth Champion.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Undergrowth Champion.
Illus. Tyler Jacobson
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 8/25/2015: If Undergrowth Champion is dealt damage from multiple sources at the same time (for example, if it's blocked by multiple creatures), its prevention effect will apply once to all that damage. You'll remove only one +1/+1 counter.
- 8/25/2015: If damage that can't be prevented is dealt to Undergrowth Champion while it has a +1/+1 counter on it, you'll still remove a +1/+1 counter on it.
- 8/25/2015: A landfall ability triggers whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control for any reason. It triggers whenever you play a land, as well as whenever a spell or ability puts a land onto the battlefield under your control.
- 8/25/2015: When a land enters the battlefield under your control, each landfall ability of the permanents you control will trigger. You can put them on the stack in any order. The last ability you put on the stack will be the first one to resolve.
- 8/25/2015: If the ability has an additional or replacement effect that depends on the land having a certain basic land type, the ability will check that land's type as the ability resolves. If, at that time, the land that entered the battlefield is no longer on the battlefield, use its types when it left the battlefield to determine what happens.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
Battle for Zendikar
#300 (Tyler Jacobson)
Battle for Zendikar (Mythic Rare)
Prerelease Events (Special)
Champion du sous-bois
Campione del Sottobosco
Campeón del sotobosque
Campeão da Submata
all prints in all languages