Chained to the Rocks
Enchantment — Aura,
Enchant Mountain you control
When Chained to the Rocks enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until Chained to the Rocks leaves the battlefield. (That creature returns under its owner's control.)
Illus. Aaron Miller
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 9/15/2013: If the land Chained to the Rocks is enchanting stops being a Mountain or another player gains control of it, Chained to the Rocks will be put into its owner's graveyard when state-based actions are performed.
- 9/15/2013: Chained to the Rocks's ability causes a zone change with a duration, a style of ability introduced in Magic 2014 that's somewhat reminiscent of older cards like Oblivion Ring. However, unlike Oblivion Ring, cards like Chained to the Rocks have a single ability that creates two one-shot effects: one that exiles the creature when the ability resolves, and another that returns the exiled card to the battlefield immediately after Chained to the Rocks leaves the battlefield.
- 9/15/2013: If Chained to the Rocks leaves the battlefield before its triggered ability resolves, the target creature won't be exiled.
- 9/15/2013: Auras attached to the exiled creature will be put into their owners' graveyards (unless they have bestow). Equipment attached to the exiled creature will become unattached and remain on the battlefield. Any counters on the exiled creature will cease to exist.
- 9/15/2013: If a creature token is exiled, it ceases to exist. It won't be returned to the battlefield.
- 9/15/2013: The exiled card returns to the battlefield immediately after Chained to the Rocks leaves the battlefield. Nothing happens between the two events, including state-based actions.
- 9/15/2013: In a multiplayer game, if Chained to the Rocks's owner leaves the game, the exiled card will return to the battlefield. Because the one-shot effect that returns the card isn't an ability that goes on the stack, it won't cease to exist along with the leaving player's spells and abilities on the stack.
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Extended (Type 1.X)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
#4 (Aaron Miller)
An Felsen gekettet
Enchaîné aux rochers
Incatenato alle Rocce
Encadenado a las rocas
Acorrentado às Rochas
Прикованный к Скале
all prints in all languages