Creature — Eldrazi Drone 3/2,
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Ingest (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of his or her library.)
When Dominator Drone enters the battlefield, if you control another colorless creature, each opponent loses 2 life.
Illus. James Zapata
Gatherer Card Rulings?, Legality?
- 8/25/2015: Dominator Drone's last ability checks to see if you control another colorless creature at the moment it enters the battlefield. If you don't, the ability won't trigger at all. If you do, the ability will check again as it tries to resolve. If you no longer control another colorless creature, the ability will be removed from the stack and have no effect.
- 8/25/2015: Cards with devoid use frames that are variations of the transparent frame traditionally used for Eldrazi. The top part of the card features some color over a background based on the texture of the hedrons that once imprisoned the Eldrazi. This coloration is intended to aid deckbuilding and game play.
- 8/25/2015: A card with devoid is just colorless. It's not colorless and the colors of mana in its mana cost.
- 8/25/2015: Other cards and abilities can give a card with devoid color. If that happens, it's just the new color, not that color and colorless.
- 8/25/2015: Devoid works in all zones, not just on the battlefield.
- 8/25/2015: If a card loses devoid, it will still be colorless. This is because effects that change an object's color (like the one created by devoid) are considered before the object loses devoid.
- 8/25/2015: The card exiled by the ingest ability is exiled face up.
- 8/25/2015: If the player has no cards in his or her library when the ingest ability resolves, nothing happens. That player won't lose the game (until he or she has to draw a card from an empty library).
- Legal in Vintage (Type 1)
- Legal in Legacy (Type 1.5)
- Legal in Classic (MTGO)
- Legal in Commander
- Legal in Modern
#92 (James Zapata)
Battle for Zendikar (Common)
Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (Common)
all prints in all languages